The Elmhurst Titan is a news website devoted to covering the city of Elmhurst.
The word “news” has a lot of different definitions, depending on who you’re talking to, so here’s what it means to the Titan: Anything that happens within the boundaries of the city of Elmhurst that is of interest to the citizens of Elmhurst.
The word “news” has a lot of different definitions, depending on who you’re talking to.
• If a new business opens up, that’s news.
• If a local prep sports team is doing well, that’s news.
• If a local church is planning a major new initiative or outreach campaign, that’s news.
• If the City Council, Park District, school district, etc., is taking an action that affects how much you pay in taxes, that’s news.
• If an Elmhurst resident achieves something noteworthy, that’s news.
• If an Elmhurst family loses their home in a fire, or a landmark business in town burns down, that’s news.
• If there’s a surge in a specific kind of crime in Elmhurst, that’s news.
That doesn’t cover everything you’ll see posted to the Titan, but it’s a good start.
Much more than a website
What about the word “website” in the first sentence of this article? Nowadays, you can’t really exist simply as a website, and that’s true of the Elmhurst Titan, too.
Here are some of the places you can find the Titan, aside from elmhurst-titan.com:
• Via a daily email newsletter, featuring the top stories of the day.
• On Instagram, where you can keep an eye on cool photos from around town.
• On Pinterest, where … OK, we’re still figuring out Pinterest.
• On YouTube, where we’ll have videos from around town.