ELMHURST – A quintet of York High School students recently signed national letters of intent to play college sports next season.
York Assistant Principal for Athletics Rob Wagner congratulated the five students in a news release announcing their plans.
The five are:
• Elizabeth Kowalski, who will play soccer at the University of Miami of Ohio.
• Jenna Lundgren, who will play soccer at Western Illinois University.
• Pierceson Mapes, who will play lacrosse at Augustana College.
• Charles Walsh, who will play football at the University of Sioux Falls.
• Evan Weiger, who will play soccer at Elmhurst College.
The signing ceremony took place Feb. 1 at York High School.